Learn how to cook this family favourite with Marshalls’ delicious Spaghetti.
- 500g Marshalls Spaghetti
- 6 Sausages, British pork
- 1kg of beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped Flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50g Parmesan Breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- Olive oil
For the Sauce:
- Olive oil 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 glass of red wine (optional)
- Caster sugar, pinch
- Flat-leaf parsley
- Basil leaves
- To make the meatballs, split the sausage casings and extract the meat into a large bowl.
- Add the mince, onion, parsley, parmesan, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs and seasoning.
- Mix together well, the more you mash the mince, the more tender your meatballs will be.
- Once you are happy with the mixture, pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Onto a baking tray, roll out your meat balls into a similar size to golf balls and place on the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, shake to coat and place into the oven for 20-30 minutes or until browned.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking in the oven, you can make your homemade tomato sauce and cook your pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan, add your garlic and sizzle for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, wine, sugar, parsley and seasoning. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in fresh basil leaves.
- Drain the pasta mixture and divide between bowls.
- Spoon over the tomato sauce and meatballs. Serve with a good grating of parmesan and basil leaves.