Comfort food for the soul and simple to make, our Marshalls Macaroni recipe goes perfectly with meat, vegetables or even just on its own.
- 500g Marshalls Macaroni
- 250g grated Cheddar Cheese
- 100g grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml whole milk
- ½ baguette cut into small chunks
- Pre heat oven to 200C. spread chunks of baguette onto baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season. Bake for approx. 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook Macaroni according to instructions minus 2 minutes from cooking time. Meanwhile, melt butter into a saucepan. Once completely melted, add in flour and stir vigorously for one minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk until you get a smooth béchamel sauce, before letting the sauce simmer for 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Stir in cheddar and mozzarella
- Drain macaroni once cooked and add to cheese sauce
- Tip the mixture into a large oven proof dish and sprinkle the baked baguette pieces and parmesan over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden, crisp and bubbling.