How To: Make Your Own Roasted Pepper and Tomato Pasta Sauce
Write a review
- 2 Red Peppers, diced
- 5 Large Fresh Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Large Red Onion – chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves – finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic into a roasting tray
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and toss to mix thoroughly. Put the bay leaves on top.
- Place tray in the oven and roast for around an hour or until all the ingredients are soft.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender and pulse until a smooth sauce is formed.
- This can now be added to any pasta recipe.
Marshalls Foods http://www.marshallsfoods.com/