Write a review
- 4 rashers Bacon – streaky, sliced
- 1 sprig Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 280g British beef mince
- 1 glass Red wine (optional)
- 4-5 Sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tins of plum tomatoes
- Spaghetti (enough to serve 4)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put a sauce pan on a medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and place in your bacon, rosemary, garlic and onion for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally until bacon onions are translucent.
- Add the mince and break apart any lumps with a wooden spoon. Leave for a few minutes or until browned and then add a glass of red wine.
- Let the mixture bubble so that the alcohol evaporates. While you wait, put the sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor and blitz. Add them to the mince mixture along with the tinned tomatoes.
- Stir and cover with a lid then cook in a hot oven for 1 hour.
- After 30 minutes in the oven, take the mixture out and check if it has gone dry. If so, add a little water to loosen it up again.
- When there is about 10 minutes to go until mince mixture is finished, cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Drain, reserve some pasta water.
- Divide the spaghetti between bowls for serving, adding a spoonful of Bolognese mixture to each one with a grating of parmesan to serve.
- Add a hearty grating of parmesan and drizzle of olive oil.
Marshalls Foods http://www.marshallsfoods.com/