Sausage, Roasted Pepper & Red Pesto Pasta Bake
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 500g Marshalls Fusilli pasta
- Red pesto – 1 jar
- 4-6 Sausages, British pork
- 3 large peppers – red, yellow and green, roasted and sliced
- 1 cup Mozzarella or a cheese of your choice for melting
- Single Cream
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Place your whole peppers on a baking tray and cover with a little oil. Place in the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Whilst your peppers are baking, place a large frying pan onto the hob with a little oil. Slice your sausages into chunks approx. 1 inch thick and place into the frying pan.
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions.
- Once your sausages have browned add in your red pesto mixture and a splash of single cream - leave to heat through. Make sure you add enough pesto to coat your pasta.
- Drain pasta and add to the sausage and pesto mix. Take peppers out of the oven carefully (they will be hot!), stab with a knife to extract the steam and carefully slice into 1-inch thick slices. Place in with your sausage and pesto mix, stir and place into an oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese – be generous! Works very well with sliced buffalo mozzarella.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is oozing.
Marshalls Foods http://www.marshallsfoods.com/