Pesto & Goats Cheese Pasta
Write a review
- 250g Marshalls Spirali Pasta
- Bunch Basil leaves
- Handful Pine nuts
- ½ Garlic Clove
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Goats cheese
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
Make your homemade pesto using these instructions
- In a pestle and mortar, pound the garlic clove with some basil leaves. If you do not have a pestle and mortar, a food processor will work equally as well – pulse said ingredients together.
- Add the pine nuts to the mixture and pound again.
- Take mixture out and add in half of the fresh parmesan. Stir gently and add in your olive oil slowly. Add enough so that your mixture is ‘oozing’.
- At this stage, taste the pesto and adjust seasoning to your taste. Add the remaining parmesan cheese and some more oil and taste again. Continue this phase until you are happy with the balance of flavours, taste and consistency.
- Once you have made your homemade pesto, mix it with your cooked and drained pasta. Add crumbled goats cheese, serve with a light drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
Marshalls Foods http://www.marshallsfoods.com/